ArtNet and Windows 7

I recently purchased a new laptop that runs Windows 7 that I want to use as a media server using Arkaos.  I have used Arkaos with the Congo for several years now with a XP laptop without any problems, save the choppy video because the computer can't process fast enough.  I set up my new laptop and used the same settings that I had in XP, but can't get it to read anything from the Congo.  I set up my old laptop and new laptop side by side and the old is responding, but the new machine won't respond to any DMX input.  Oddly enough, I connected through the network on Congo and was able to load in filenames from the Windows 7 laptop, but the new PC will not receive anything from Congo.  I've turned off the firewall, is there something I'm missing inherit in this new OS that I don't know about?

Parents
  • Hi J.R. -

Since Congo can get the file names, the problem appears to be with your laptop and/or ArKaos receiving ArtNet - have you contacted the ArKaos folks about this? Unfortunately I'm not an ArKaos or ArtNet expert... If there are receiving issues with Windows 7 I would expect the ArKaos folks to know about it and have some recommendations.

Thanks much -

Sarah

• Hi J.R. -

Since Congo can get the file names, the problem appears to be with your laptop and/or ArKaos receiving ArtNet - have you contacted the ArKaos folks about this? Unfortunately I'm not an ArKaos or ArtNet expert... If there are receiving issues with Windows 7 I would expect the ArKaos folks to know about it and have some recommendations.

Thanks much -

Sarah

Children
No Data
Related