Colour setup in Moving Light Display panel confused.

with v6.1 on the horizon we've finally made the jump to upgrade from version 5. However i'm encountering a weird issue with colour control of our LED's and Movers.

I've just opened a file that has been working fine in V5, in V6. The issue appears to be with the Moving Light display panel, and the levels as displayed via the wheel controls.

In V5; once the device is selected the colour wheels scroll UP from 0 to F. As long as the intesity is up the colour on the wheel correctly controls the colour. As I scroll RED up from 0 to F the RED LED's come on.

In V6; The wheels seem inverted. As I scroll up for RED, the colour is removed. i.e. if all R,G & B are at Full, then there's no output. As I scroll one of them down to 0, that colour comes on. With R,G,B at 0,0,0 all colours are up. Colour Pallettes I have stored still work correctly.

In V5 the movers we use ( iSolutions) that we've created our own templates for have CMY for colours on the wheels.
In v6 the colours are showing RGB, instead of CMY, and also seem inverted.

Strangely if I import the device templates into a new V6 blank show, then the devices work as per the V5 file...i.e. correctly. Unfortunately importing the show file by sections doesnt quite recreate the whole file, and at some stage the colour information goes wrong ( I've tried this !!)

I don't want to have to create my whole show file from scratch as it's been a work in progress for nearly 4 years, and I'm not sure that would fix it anyway.

Parents
  • It's not actually related to the version update.

The show file has been flipped into one of the alternate colour control modes (RGB). These don't work very well for non-CMY fixtures so the alternate colour control system has been revised greatly for the upcoming v6.1.0

There are 3 modes - Native, RGB, HSV. To flip between colour modes use:

[Setup] & [Color]

It's set to the RGB model in the v5 file you attached, so looks like someone accidentally hit that shortcut at some point for this show file back in v5 - probably just before you upgraded.

As you've already found, this has no effect on anything you've already recorded - all it does is alter how the encoders control the colour.

[edited by: Richard at 4:18 AM (GMT -6) on Tue, Apr 19 2011]
  • So is the solution to go to Setup & Color and change it to a different mode? (I'll take a look at this shortly on the desk)
    If so what other side effects am I likely to see happen?

No-one has adjusted anything intentionally in the v5 file, and definitely not just before updating to V6.
    Everything was working as expected just prior to updating.

[edited by: Ric at 5:28 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, Apr 19 2011]
  • Thanks Richard,

Holding Setup & pressing Colour to toggle through the 3 settings, getting back to the default,  worked!
    Interesting that this only shows up on V6, so I'm assuming that this function wasn't working, or working correctly, in V5...not that it matters.

Reply Children
No Data
Related