16 Bit channel control of a Shutter (Dark Vader)

Hello,

We try to write a template for a 16 bit intensity control of a shutter (Lichttechnik Hagenbach und Grill/Dark Vader) from a Arri 2,5kw HMI.
If we use the Intensity parameter for the Template on: DMX 1 HTP16 and DMX LOW 2, we are not able to control the shutter at all.
If we use a Pan parameter instead of the intensity with the same settings, then it is possible to control the shutter in 16Bit, why....???
We would like to use the Intensity wheel for it on the console, because it´s a intensity Parameter.
Thank´s for answer and nice greetings..,
Roman
  • Hi there -

Congo treats intensity as HTP8 at all times. Your best bet is to map the shutter to a beam parameter so that you can have 16-bit control of it.

Thanks -

Sarah

• For the Martin Mac TW1, I created a new parameter called "Mech Dimmer" to control the douser in that fixture.

It's not in the default list of parameters, but will appear under "Beam"

To add this, you can either import the Mac TW1, or you can open the "Parameter Definitions" list and add it manually.

That said, although Congo treats Intensity as HTP8 all the time, if you set it to HTP16 you should still have control, but only at 8-bits of resolution as it copies the Coarse value into the Fine.

• Hi Sarah,

And there will be no update  lets say for the next softwareversion to have parameters like shutters of HMI on a 16BIT Intensity parameter, because it would be helpfull to work with it like an intensity parameter, for exemple in the Trackinglist.....???
    Because if I put it on a Beam parameter, it isn´t that easy to track it through a range of seq´s steps....
    Thanks,
    Roman
  • Hi Roman -

No, this is not going to change anytime soon.

However, you can track it in the Track list - use FORMAT & Wheel Key to add any parameter to the track list, or use FORMAT & FOCUS (or Color or Beam) to add whole categories. In this case, I would suggest the FORMAT & Wheel Key method, though.

I hope this helps -

Thanks -

Sarah

• Hi Sarah,

I´m a friend of roman, we work together in the moment. 

So I want to highlight  the issue to have a 16bit Intensity.

All "Lichttechnik" HMI shutter are 16bit and its really usefull for long fades and there are Dimmer for flourescent tubes avaliblem, which work also with 16bit to get smooth long fades (e.g. 20min and more).

When I have 30 device with 16bit intensitys i cant use the normal systax. A other reason is if I use Lichttechnik motoryoke with MagVader. Then is the timing very difficult for real beam-attributs and the intensity.

I hope you understand my explanation.

Phoenix 

Related