Congo v6.1 Software is Released and Available for Download!

Hello all -

After an extensive period of testing in the lab and in the field, we are happy to announce the release of Congo v6.1 software for Congo, Congo jr, Congo Kid, Congo Light Server and the Net3 Remote Video Interface (RVI) as well as Congo Client (PC) and Congo Offline (PC and Mac).

New features include new color handling, a new color dock containing a new higher-resolution color picker with the ability to show color gamut for calibrated fixtures, and generally better rendition of colors when using the gel picker. We have also improved master settings to make them clearer, and to split intensity and non-intensity functions between faders and keys in a more logical way. We have also added a new master type - the "dual fader" master - which can be used to combine two master playbacks as crossfader pair for manual and/or timed sequence playback.

This release contains significant performance optimizations including new file handling behavior making reading and saving show files much faster and many "under the hood" improvements that significantly reduce "hour-glassing" overall. Additionally, this release officially supports client and backup system configurations that include the new Congo Kid console.

ETC strongly recommends the update of Congo family products to version 6.1 as soon as production schedules allow. All devices in the system must be running the same software version - consoles, backups, clients, RVIs, offline computers. The software can be downloaded here, and the release note can be downloaded here, and the new user manual can be downloaded here. Macintosh users can download Congo Offline for Mac here.

Thanks much -

Sarah

Parents
  • I love it! Every time I find something that I want to be able to do I've never tried, just as I'm thinking about asking for a feature request or a workaround, I find the way to do exactly what it is that's been there all along, or just been added in the latest software release! The Congo has me totally finding new ways to create a better, faster workflow with more freedom to think about what I'm creating on stage and not how to type things into a console. The dual fader thing is awesome, and I just discovered the feature to use the flash button as a Go-Back on a master with a sequence. Totally just made my life easier this evening for tomorrow morning's show. So THANKS AGAIN!

The only thing I don't like about 6.1 is the 3 digit channel numbers lose their third digit on the master lcd... as the Groups, when assigned to masters, don't have this problem (they don't put a space after Gr the way Ch does) I'm assuming this is an error that will soon be fixed?

• I love it! Every time I find something that I want to be able to do I've never tried, just as I'm thinking about asking for a feature request or a workaround, I find the way to do exactly what it is that's been there all along, or just been added in the latest software release! The Congo has me totally finding new ways to create a better, faster workflow with more freedom to think about what I'm creating on stage and not how to type things into a console. The dual fader thing is awesome, and I just discovered the feature to use the flash button as a Go-Back on a master with a sequence. Totally just made my life easier this evening for tomorrow morning's show. So THANKS AGAIN!

The only thing I don't like about 6.1 is the 3 digit channel numbers lose their third digit on the master lcd... as the Groups, when assigned to masters, don't have this problem (they don't put a space after Gr the way Ch does) I'm assuming this is an error that will soon be fixed?

Children
No Data
Related