congo offline editor wont let me type

i am trying to use congo offline editor on my mac, but the software wont let me type numbers into wizards, and it wont accept half of the shortcuts/hotkeys listed on the congo hotkeys pdf. any ideas as to how i can solve this?

• Hi there -

1) Do you have the v6.0 version of the hotkeys document?

2) When using a Mac you need to use an external expanded keypad with the number pad to the right in order to enter numbers in Congo Offline. If you don't have this, please open the Console Mimic Dock (this can be done from the Browser - general settings>dock areas, I think). Click on the dock to focus it, then you can use FORMAT (F4) to get to the command keypad mimic.

3) Regarding not accepting all the shortcuts, are they shortcuts that use the F keys above the keyboard? If so, we recommend setting the Mac to use F keys as F keys, and not as special functions for Expose/Spaces and things like brightness and volume (I am assuming you are using a laptop, right?)

This is all explained in the note for Mac users at the bottom of the v6.0 shortcuts document, available in the manuals section here.

I hope this helps -

Sarah

• thanks, i'll give that a go, its rather embarrassing i've never noticed that note before. 

Related