Effect questions

Hello fellow Congo users. Have a couple of effects questions I am hoping someone can help me with.

1- Is there any way of independently controlling rate and size when using effect playbacks. I am familiar with the method of recording a preset with a live dynamic effect running with a rate/size paramaters in the dynamics tab but this can involve a lot of masking and can be a bit of a hassle... thoughts?

2 - I feel like this might be a new issue with the new software update, but I can't seem to keep live dynamic effects running when changing focus points in a busking scenario. For example: I have a live dynamic running off of a Master (either in a preset or via an effect playback) I have another master configured to be a focus point (either as a focus point loaded into the master or as a preset with all attributes masked except for focus) when I bring up the fader on the focus point master it stops the currently running live dynamic and moves to the focus point. Seems like there should be a way to do this live.

3 - This one might be a shot in the dark but I think it would be a really handy feature if its not possible - is there any way of creating an effect that can be applied to different groups or channel sets on the fly. Much in the way you can apply a color palette or beam palette to only the selected instruments despite how many different instruments are recorded into it. In other words, if I record my effect to be potentially applicable to all of the CMY instruments in my rig, can I (on the fly - busking) only apply that effect to a certain number of those instruments. this would be sweet!

Thanks as always for the help :)

Cheers,

Kyle.

Parents
  • Hi all,

I've got one more question:

I have a Dynamic Effect using groups as a source. How do I make it use group no. 100? It seems like only groups 1 to 40 can be used?!

Thanks, Mario

• Hi Mario -

You can use the first 255 groups in your show. You can either spin the encoder until the desired group appears, or type the range number of the group and then press the wheel key. The groups are offered in a packed format - so if you have recorded groups 1, 11 and 21 you could enter a 1, 2 or 3 then press the wheel key to choose the first, second or third group in that packed format. If I know I am using a lot of groups in effects, I record those groups in numbers that make sense - like keeping groups 1-50 for effects and then recording the groups in an order and at numbers that let me select them easily.

Thanks much -

Sarah

• Hi Sarah,

that's a tricky one :-(

I'm using group numbers that make sense to me in I way that I can remember them easily. It's the same philosophy as you would use in recording Colours: You would have your Colour Palettes numbered 119, 201, 106, 204 instead of 1, 2, 3, 4.

Using this "packed format" makes you having to look up which is the range number of your actual group first. Then you would type this number and press the wheel key. I'd appreciate if you could just enter the original group number (like "100") and press the wheel key.

Congo is a very fast console in many ways. The way you treat selecting groups here slows down the workflow a lot!

Furthermore: If you're finally used to the fact that (in your example) group "3" refers to an original group called 21, and you add a group called 15 later, group "3" will now refer to the original group 15. What sense does that make?

Thanks, Mario

• Hi Mario -

Since effect playbacks are just like all other device channels, it operates like all other device channels that have range values. The tricky part is that you can insert groups as you go, which can change the position of other groups in the range list. We know that this is not optimal, but it is what it is at the moment. We are planning to improve this in the future.

Thanks much -

Sarah

• Hi Mario -

Since effect playbacks are just like all other device channels, it operates like all other device channels that have range values. The tricky part is that you can insert groups as you go, which can change the position of other groups in the range list. We know that this is not optimal, but it is what it is at the moment. We are planning to improve this in the future.

Thanks much -

Sarah

Children
No Data
Related