Storing presets to direct selects

We are using a Congo Jr without a fader wing, and trying to find a way to set it up so that an operator who knows very little about the Congo can bring up a couple of presets more easily than by going through entering the preset number and pressing GOTO (which we're afraid will lead to people pressing the wrong button and all sorts of havoc breaking loose!).  I don't think it's possible to put a preset onto a direct select or an independent, is it?  Is there another way of doing this?  One of our presets includes an effect, so we can't just save it as a group and run that from direct selects, can we?  I've tried saving the presets as Masters, but can't work out how to run them without the fader wing.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Louise

Parents
  • There are a few ways to run Masters without any fader wings:

• The Direct Selects can be virtual Masters with the "Masters" option in Direct Select mode selection.
      - You can then bring them up and down by holding down the appropriate DS button and rolling the level wheel.
    • Hitting # [Master] selects the master and you can then fade it up and down on the level wheel.
    • The 'Masters' Dock is also a good way to do this - [Setup] & [Browser] to choose docks.
      - This way they can click on the Masters they want to control and use the level wheel to bring it up and down.

[C/Alt] & [Master] moves all Masters to 0% (or 100% for inhibits).

However, I'm not entirely convinced that these will really be any better than your current method of # [GOTO].

Really, physical faders are still the best way for the 'inexperienced' operator.

Have you looked into the 1x20 playback wing? This bolts onto the top edge of the Congo jr so it doesn't take up any more space on the desk.

• There are a few ways to run Masters without any fader wings:

• The Direct Selects can be virtual Masters with the "Masters" option in Direct Select mode selection.
      - You can then bring them up and down by holding down the appropriate DS button and rolling the level wheel.
    • Hitting # [Master] selects the master and you can then fade it up and down on the level wheel.
    • The 'Masters' Dock is also a good way to do this - [Setup] & [Browser] to choose docks.
      - This way they can click on the Masters they want to control and use the level wheel to bring it up and down.

[C/Alt] & [Master] moves all Masters to 0% (or 100% for inhibits).

However, I'm not entirely convinced that these will really be any better than your current method of # [GOTO].

Really, physical faders are still the best way for the 'inexperienced' operator.

Have you looked into the 1x20 playback wing? This bolts onto the top edge of the Congo jr so it doesn't take up any more space on the desk.

Children
  • Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply; that pretty much ties in with what I was thinking.  We generally just use the Jr as a backup desk for our main Congo, but we have an off-site project at the moment that we're installing and leaving for untrained operators to run, so we were looking at finding the best way of doing that which won't require us to go there every day to fix problems because they've pressed the wrong button!  Guess we'll just have to risk it!

Thanks

Louise

Related