Pan & Tilt effects

Is there anyway when using moving heads and using the Pan or Tilt Dyanamic effects you make the movement of the moving head more smoother and not judder?

• I presume you mean when you change the size/rate of a "Dyn Effect" in a crossfade or bringing up a Master?

Simply recording a new Preset with the new "Dyn Effect" settings actually re-starts the effect so it'll judder.
    - While you can do a smooth change using Size and Rate channels, this isn't a very obvious way to do it and it's pretty hard to stop these Dyn Effects very cleanly.

Because these Dyn Effects can sometimes be a bit confusing to use they were deprecated in v5, and the new Effect Playbacks system is recommended for new shows.

Try using the Dynamic type of the Effect Playbacks instead, these have attributes that you can change on the fly on your encoders so are much clearer to use. The Intensity of the Effect Playback scales the size of the effect, which works really well for fading (eg a circle) in and out.

Sarah has written a quick guide which you can find in the Wiki.

Something else that can cause judder is running the effect too fast and/or too big, so the fixture simply can't move fast enough keep up with the effect.

• Hi Richard

Yeah basically i'm noticing it more when when the effect is running especially on the Pan effect and not when its fading up it will get to a certain place and judder and not be completely smooth i didn't know if this was to do with the setup of the effect or the setup of the fixture.

I am using the new the software update if that helps?

Related