Importing a show from Compulite Vector

Greetings all,

I don't think this is possible but, what are the chances of importing a show from a Compulite Vector onto a Congo Jnr. I know everyone should be using ETC desks but there are still some non believers to convert!

Regards

John

Parents
  • According to the release notes, it would seem that the latest version of Compulite software would allow ASCII show file export. If this is true, then you would be able to take that ASCII show file and open it with Congo and get at least some basic data.

Effects and non-intensity parameters are not generally included in ASCII show files because the standard had no provision for how to handle that data.

Here is a link to the Compulite downloads page: http://www.compulite.com/index.php?page_id=14

[edited by: starksk at 12:37 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Aug 29 2011]
  • Looking at the release notes, they can save in ASCII format but they only support the most basic stuff: Main Cue list (with channels, times and text), Groups and Dimmer patch. Congo should be able to read this directly. 

If you manage to save a Compulite show in ASCII format, can you please send a copy to me and I'll have a look and make sure that it will import nicely into Congo.

• Looking at the release notes, they can save in ASCII format but they only support the most basic stuff: Main Cue list (with channels, times and text), Groups and Dimmer patch. Congo should be able to read this directly. 

If you manage to save a Compulite show in ASCII format, can you please send a copy to me and I'll have a look and make sure that it will import nicely into Congo.

Children
Related