non dim channels

wonder if anyone can help me?

In a theatre i have to do the lighting for soon their going to be plugging my moving devices into non dim sockets on the bar which are dmx controllable. Is there a way i can tell the desk to turn theses non dim channels on at the start of my cue list and leave on untill the the show is over??

any thoughts

Parents
  • Be careful that your non dim sockets are not just normal dimmers, but are in fact DMX operated Relays or similar. Any dimming of the circuit that a mover is plugged into will likely damage the mover drastically ! Even running them at 100% is potentially damaging.

Cue listing to turn the power on may be fine, but most movers suggest a power down procedure i.e. Lamp Off for a certain time with the fans still on, in order to extend lamp life.

One way would be to have a preset with the Non dim circuits on, set it to a high number master (i.e. Master 80) so as it to not appear on faders (so it can't be accidentally turned off) then use a Master Link on the first Cue to turn that Master to 100% then a Master Link on the final Cue to take that Non Dim circuit to 0%.

Alternatively you could do a preset with your Lamp off command, then a follow on after a set time of xxx minutes which has the Master link to power off.

I hope this helps !

• Be careful that your non dim sockets are not just normal dimmers, but are in fact DMX operated Relays or similar. Any dimming of the circuit that a mover is plugged into will likely damage the mover drastically ! Even running them at 100% is potentially damaging.

Cue listing to turn the power on may be fine, but most movers suggest a power down procedure i.e. Lamp Off for a certain time with the fans still on, in order to extend lamp life.

One way would be to have a preset with the Non dim circuits on, set it to a high number master (i.e. Master 80) so as it to not appear on faders (so it can't be accidentally turned off) then use a Master Link on the first Cue to turn that Master to 100% then a Master Link on the final Cue to take that Non Dim circuit to 0%.

Alternatively you could do a preset with your Lamp off command, then a follow on after a set time of xxx minutes which has the Master link to power off.

I hope this helps !

Children
No Data
Related