Hello - another proud new Congo owner!

Just thought I'd quickly say 'hi'. Just purchased a Congo Jr and starting to get to know it, so may have a few questions for you over the coming weeks/months.

I made the decision to change after our old Strand GSX finally died and had a last-minute hire of a Congo as a stand-in. I found it fairly quick and easy to learn. With only two days before the opening show I was able to programme a far more complex and elaborate show than I had been able to do on the old desk. This made it an easy choice for the replacement, although I've started with a Junior for the time being - we're getting a new theatre building in the next few years so a full-size Congo maybe first choice for that. I've also had experience with an Express at my previous job - also still an excellent desk and highly useful in a teaching environment.

Briefly about me:- I'm the theatre manager/senior technician at an independent secondary school in Cambridge (UK). I'm also involved with an organisation called the Schools Theatre Support Group (STSG), so if there are any other school-based technicians out there, then feel free to have a look at our website:- www.stsg.org.uk

Thanks,

Paul

Parents
  • Hi Paul,

And another one here too! - Got my Jr just before Christmas but didnt "unwrap" it until this week. Now starting to, like Paul, get my head around the rather in depth manual that's supplied.

You wont be the only one shouting for help Paul.

Gavin

Arlington Arts Centre

• GShort:
    And another one here too! - Got my Jr just before Christmas but didnt "unwrap" it until this week.

Hooray - you finally got one!

So far so good, in fact, although I haven't had time for a decent learning session yet. My only quibble so far is why couldn't you put an on/off switch on the Master Wing? It's only a little problem, but surely it wouldn't have been difficult - thus saving me having to crawl under the table to unplug it every time I shut down!

Will there be any official UK training sessions soon?

• GShort:
    And another one here too! - Got my Jr just before Christmas but didnt "unwrap" it until this week.

Hooray - you finally got one!

So far so good, in fact, although I haven't had time for a decent learning session yet. My only quibble so far is why couldn't you put an on/off switch on the Master Wing? It's only a little problem, but surely it wouldn't have been difficult - thus saving me having to crawl under the table to unplug it every time I shut down!

Will there be any official UK training sessions soon?

Children
Related