Urgent marking help

Hi there. I'm pretty new to the Congo and my main desk of choice has been the 520 and the whole hog three. When I'm recording movers on the whole hog the obvious movement and setting of moving fixtures happen as I go through cues. To resolve this I would mark the cue by using a simple syntax which was quick but also gave me complete control.Go to the cue in which the movers are set. Suck out various attribute and the essentially copy them into the previous cue. This sets the mover in place with all required attributes.

The syntax is therefor. Go into cue which has movers set. Select relevant fixture.Suck colour beam position, back a cue, update. 

Is there a similar easy way to get this level of control on the Congo and could somebody please explain it to me.

Thanks in advance!

Gavin Sharpe

[edited by: Gsharpe08 at 8:27 PM (GMT -6) on Thu, Nov 24 2011]
  • Hi there -

You have a couple of options, however the simplest and surest way to get movers to mark properly in the previous cue is to simply turn Automark on for those sequence steps. The console will handle marking any lights that will fade up in the next cue, without accidentally marking lights you may have turned on for other reasons.

However, if you want to do this with recording data into other presets, it's just as easy...

From the current preset (the one where the lights are actually stored), select those lights and then type the preset number you want to copy those attributes into. Then press RECORD & ATTRIB. The attributes from the selected lights will be recorded into the preset # you provided. If you want to be more specific about what gets recorded, apply a mask first (MASK, then MASK & FOCUS to hide focus information, for example).

Or, go to the preset where you would like to store the marking attributes. Then use # FETCH & FOCUS (then COLOR then BEAM) to pull the recorded data from preset # into the live state, at this point I would also apply the Mark flag on intensity (Channels softkeys>Mark), so I know these lights have been recorded for that purpose in that preset,  then press UPDATE when you're happy.

PLEASE NOTE: the second method above, using FETCH, may behave differently based on which attribute recording mode you are using. If you are using Record if Active, the default mode, then you may need to track the changes through your sequence, depending on how far back you want to mark your lights. Also, if you are using Record if Active, you must set the Mark flag on intensity for those channels to record properly (if they have no intensity, they are inactive, and are ignored when recording by the rules of the mode). If you are using Record if Changed, then the intensity Mark is simply convenience information for you to see on screen, as that mode records all purple (changed) levels by definition, and fetching levels is a manual control command.

I hope this helps -

Thanks -

Sarah

• Tanks very much. What a great answer. Really appreciate it!

Related