Default Show - Do you use one and what do you set up in it

Hello Congo users,

Looking at setting up a better re-usable default show file which acts as a base for shows well beyond starting from scratch and most importantly can be used in different venues

I'm interested to know what others have found of use from one show to the next. Palettes, masks and effects spring to mind and even independents.

Have you found any really useful set-ups you'd hate to be without?

Cheers

Andy

Parents
  • I have a couple different default files -- most of my work is with just conventionals at one venue and conventionals and 40 Selador fixtures at another. I have a default file with my independents for house lights, work lights, rehearsal house lighting, and such. My default groups are for my rep plot, which some cases I can use as-is, other times they require slight modifications, and some times I start from scratch. All of my cyc lights are patched as devices in my default files. I also have a handful of color palettes programmed for my cyc and Selador fixtures.

One of the biggest things I have in my default files are my screen layouts. I have a different layout for different times in the programming process; one for programming effects, another for revising cues, another for live playback, etc.

The screen layout I use the most is the one with two Live screens. The first has my conventionals in the normal channel icon format, and the second has just my LED's in a channel layout as they're hung on stage.

It's so stupidly easy to quickly throw together dynamic effects that I don't worry about leaving any in the default file because when I need one, I can throw it together in thirty seconds.

I did go the route two years ago of making a nice channel layout showing all of my circuits in the theatre, and every fixture in our rep plot was one it with the appropriate symbols and colors -- seemed like a good idea at the time but I've almost never used it. Had I realized then it was impractical to have a diagram of all 288 circuits in the theatre, I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of making it.

• I have a couple different default files -- most of my work is with just conventionals at one venue and conventionals and 40 Selador fixtures at another. I have a default file with my independents for house lights, work lights, rehearsal house lighting, and such. My default groups are for my rep plot, which some cases I can use as-is, other times they require slight modifications, and some times I start from scratch. All of my cyc lights are patched as devices in my default files. I also have a handful of color palettes programmed for my cyc and Selador fixtures.

One of the biggest things I have in my default files are my screen layouts. I have a different layout for different times in the programming process; one for programming effects, another for revising cues, another for live playback, etc.

The screen layout I use the most is the one with two Live screens. The first has my conventionals in the normal channel icon format, and the second has just my LED's in a channel layout as they're hung on stage.

It's so stupidly easy to quickly throw together dynamic effects that I don't worry about leaving any in the default file because when I need one, I can throw it together in thirty seconds.

I did go the route two years ago of making a nice channel layout showing all of my circuits in the theatre, and every fixture in our rep plot was one it with the appropriate symbols and colors -- seemed like a good idea at the time but I've almost never used it. Had I realized then it was impractical to have a diagram of all 288 circuits in the theatre, I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of making it.

Children
No Data
Related