Attributes Being Applied Instantly

Despite setting the Default Attribute Time to 3 or 5 seconds, all of my attributes are being applied to my D60's and Vivid's instantly when I apply color palettes via master keys or direct selects.

Any reason the console might be doing that?

• Somebody smarter will probably be along shortly, but in the mean time I will offer my .02 and hope that it is correct...

I believe the default time is only used when recording a preset; I do not believe it applies to Direct Selects.  To use timing with direct selects, enter the group or fixture you would like to change, enter your fade time in seconds on the keypad and press your direct select button.

This is actually one of my favorite features on the console for busking events, with limited prep time, using a bunch of movers.  If all I have time for is to throw in a handful of focus and color pallets, maybe some groups and a couple of movement effects, and not much else, I can still make the show look like something by varying focus and color with timing off the direct selects.  Very fast and very easy...

Related