MIDI Sequences on Congo Jr

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any of you had any tips and tricks for using MIDI on the Congo Jr.

So what we want to do is have a computer running Ableton Live trigger all the lighting during a show.

After much wrangling we managed to trigger presets, and that's it.

What I would like to learn is how we can trigger specific linear presets, and also how we can trigger specific sequences.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Parents
  • If you want to remotely run the Main Playback, then MIDI Show Control (MSC) is often a good approach.

This allows specific "Go To Cue X" commands to be sent over MIDI - in Congo, these are interpreted as Goto Preset X.

- Note that MSC only supports one decimal place for Cue numbers, and I think you need to include the decimal place for whole number Presets.
    (Might be wrong, I haven't used MSC for ages.)

For example, the MSC command "Goto Cue 1.0" will do a "1.0 [GOTO]" command on the Congo.

Using MIDI Controllers to run the Master Faders is a very flexible way of remotely controlling a Congo.

You can of course do both at the same time if that is useful.

[edited by: Richard at 3:37 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Feb 15 2012]
  • If you want to remotely run the Main Playback, then MIDI Show Control (MSC) is often a good approach.

This allows specific "Go To Cue X" commands to be sent over MIDI - in Congo, these are interpreted as Goto Preset X.

- Note that MSC only supports one decimal place for Cue numbers, and I think you need to include the decimal place for whole number Presets.
    (Might be wrong, I haven't used MSC for ages.)

For example, the MSC command "Goto Cue 1.0" will do a "1.0 [GOTO]" command on the Congo.

Using MIDI Controllers to run the Master Faders is a very flexible way of remotely controlling a Congo.

You can of course do both at the same time if that is useful.

[edited by: Richard at 3:37 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, Feb 15 2012]
Children
No Data
Related