Congo Jr playback wing limitations

I'm brand new to the board - like 5 days new. I haven't even had the full training yet. I've been saving looks to the playback wing: like areas, side lights, washes, with the idea I could then bring up these looks in combination to create Q's stored on the main playback. However once a look is brought up in the top bank, shifting to another page does not release that look from the fader, allowing me to bring up whatever I have stored on another page. So when I have the fader up in both the top bank and the lower bank, I can not access any stored looks associated with that particular fader on another page. What the hell good are 10 pages of master playbacks if I can never access more than 40 looks. Even my old Leprecon 1548 allowed me access to any or all of 576 presets to build a Q for playback. I called tech support, and they said, "yep, once the fader is assigned on a page, that fader cannot be used for looks stored on another page." Tell me it ain't so, Joe! There must be a way around this. Any suggestions?
Parents
  • How are you using these masters to bring up your groupings of channels? If you are just using them to control channels together at the same collective levels (in other words, the base group has all the channels at full), then one way to do this would be to use the master keys to select the channels and then use the level wheel to adjust those levels. This way you can have your groups on masters, but collect their levels as if you were using keypad commands to control those groups. Then, since you aren't sharing the function of the fader from one page to the next, you won't have the problem of piling on groups. Make sense?

I hope this helps -

Sarah 

• How are you using these masters to bring up your groupings of channels? If you are just using them to control channels together at the same collective levels (in other words, the base group has all the channels at full), then one way to do this would be to use the master keys to select the channels and then use the level wheel to adjust those levels. This way you can have your groups on masters, but collect their levels as if you were using keypad commands to control those groups. Then, since you aren't sharing the function of the fader from one page to the next, you won't have the problem of piling on groups. Make sense?

I hope this helps -

Sarah 

Children
  • Perfect! That is just what I needed to do. You are a Goddess - plus a Kayaker! (I'm an open boat man myself,canoeing all through Quetico, BWCAW, Killarney, Algonquin, and the rivers of Arkansas, Missouri, and my home Michigan.)

Maybe once I get the full training, I'll have a better understanding of shortcuts, but right now, the "search & destroy" method of navigating the board is a little frustrating.

Thanks again for your kind and prompt reply. Happy paddling!

Alex 

• I'm glad that helped. You might want to check out the Congo tutorial available in the Announcements section of this forum. It covers the basics of operation and many of the shortcuts.

Thanks!

Sarah

Related