encrypted usb

Hi.

Work is making us have encrypted USB sticks with password protection on them.

Question is will the desk recognized these or not ??

Thanks in advance

Carl

Parents
  • I assume the concern is virus issues and USB drives ?.  And as curiosity, who is this "work" that is dictating to the theatrical production folks how to best operate their equipment.  I can understand the USB issue and the potential for viruses on networked PC's, but for drives operating on a closed network and/or on a console OS that is not generally not vulnerable to viruses and attacks, this seems like trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

I have had our IT department complain about the WiFi routers we use on our Ion (and DigiCo audio desk) and basically ignore them after having explained that they are closed networks.  They only "find" the routers when they walk around searching but don't see them on their network, which baffles the hell out of them.

And just for giggles, how are going to deal with the assorted USB drives that LD's use when they work off-line ?, and want to load/re-load a show file ?

I'd try to nip this in the bud at the source.

[edited by: Steve Bailey at 3:38 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Apr 23 2012]
  • I assume the concern is virus issues and USB drives ?.  And as curiosity, who is this "work" that is dictating to the theatrical production folks how to best operate their equipment.  I can understand the USB issue and the potential for viruses on networked PC's, but for drives operating on a closed network and/or on a console OS that is not generally not vulnerable to viruses and attacks, this seems like trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

I have had our IT department complain about the WiFi routers we use on our Ion (and DigiCo audio desk) and basically ignore them after having explained that they are closed networks.  They only "find" the routers when they walk around searching but don't see them on their network, which baffles the hell out of them.

And just for giggles, how are going to deal with the assorted USB drives that LD's use when they work off-line ?, and want to load/re-load a show file ?

I'd try to nip this in the bud at the source.

[edited by: Steve Bailey at 3:38 PM (GMT -6) on Mon, Apr 23 2012]
Children
No Data
Related