ir congo and element

Hi

I have universal USB IR  for my CONGO, can it work for our ELEMENT? if yes how to cofigurate

Thanks

Parents Reply Children
  • Yes It's a Net3 RFR like this photo,  the HF channel is write on the remote?

thanks

Pierre

• Hi Pierre, 

thats not a Net3 RFR. The Net3 RFR has a LCD Display 

on it. 

The remote pictured above is a cRRFU and can only be used 

with Congo consoles. 

Here is alink about the cRRFU http://www.etcconnect.com/docs/docs_downloads/datashts/Congo_RRFU_vB.pdf

[edited by: corey at 2:58 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Apr 30 2012]
  • - Technically the photo is the Express(ion) RRFU for Express(ion) consoles, the Congo one is purple and has a different silkscreen for the buttons.

The USB version of these is indeed only for Congo.

If you'd like a simple (and cheap!) radio remote for the Element, then I'd suggest using the Phone Remote.

The Phone Remote uses a standard touch-tone phone (eg wireless/DECT telephone base station) plugged into the "Phone Remote" port on the back of the console, and offers the same functionality as the cRRFU by 'dialling' on the buttons.

You may need an adapter as the phone remote is a "modem style" RJ11 socket. Adapters for those should be easily available in your local area.

That's of course assuming you don't want to add a WiFi networked iRFR/aRFR on an iOS or Android phone/tablet.

[edited by: Richard at 4:20 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Apr 30 2012]
  • Hi corey
    Indeed, it's this remote in your PDF link that we possess, my picture was not good. So I can not use it for ELEMENT,

Thanks

Related