Joystic - control

Hi,..

I would like to ask, if there is possible to control moving heads with external joystic pan and tilt with congo junior.

Thanks,

Valentin

Parents Reply Children
  • Woo external joystick of movers. I feel like I can possibly re-live my childhood gaming spree. I want some of that on the Eos!

[edited by: Sammy at 11:24 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, May 4 2012]
  • Hi there -

Just to clarify the meaning of "it's on the list" -

The list is rather long. :-)

I have no idea when a feature of this type may reach a priority level high enough to make it into a release. I can tell you it's not very high at the moment, given other things we are working on right now. However, the request does come up occasionally and we will take it up again when the time is right.

Thanks much!

Sarah

• When you get round to implementing this, please consider implementing an X-Y-Z to Pan-tilt (&iris?) conversion to make it easy to drive in straight lines on stage.  Maybe to even allow multiple movers at opposite sides of the stage / auditorium to track the same point moving on stage using a single joystick / trackball.  Using the rotary controls it is almost impossible to track anything on stage and use a mover as a followspot.

It's not trivial and requires setting up the mapping of key points on stage for each head.  A good student project I think - preferably someone who can still remember their trigonometry.

I have been considering making something to do this myself - a box to do this that sits in the DMX line and modifies the DMX stream.

Related