Congo v6.2.1 Software Now Available!

Hello all -

We encountered a very specific issue with the playback of show files created in versions prior to v6.2.0, which prompted us to pull that version from our web site. The issue was related to the playback and saving of device parameters that have spaces in them. If your show file was created prior to v6.2.0 and contained devices with parameters that included spaces - for example, "Gobo <>" - those parameters would not play back properly. If that file was then saved in v6.2.0, those parameters would not save correctly.

In the last weeks, we have solved this problem and tested show playback extensively. Congo software v6.2.1 is now available here. If you are currently using v6.2.0, we recommend you update as soon as your production schedule allows.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks very much -

Sarah

[edited by: sclausen at 4:01 AM (GMT -6) on Thu, Sep 13 2012]
Parents
  • Hello Sarah,

I'm currently using v6.1. Can i upgrade to v6.2.1 without any problem?

And is there a possiblity for having the template for a Pandora Box standard player  v4.7, 8 layers?

Kind regards

Phantoon of Scala

• Yes, you can upgrade to 6.2.1 without any issues (that we know of)

The Coolux Pandoras Box v4.6 is the newest version of Pandoras Box in the fixture template library as of v6.2.1.

Unfortunately I do not have a user manual for any of the Pandoras Box versions so I don't know how similar this is to v4.7.
    You can certainly use it as a base to work from if they have changed anything about the way it is controlled.

[edited by: Richard at 5:47 AM (GMT -6) on Wed, May 23 2012]
  • Hi again,

I'm trying to install the new software, but when i hit the Install button, the console shuts down, does a reboot and start up as normally but he is still in the previous software version.

What is going wrong?

I also have tried to follow the description manual for installing the software but no luck either. (pushing the "?" button by starting up etc....)

• Holding down [?] is only for updating facepanel firmware on Congo Console, not for console operating software.

To install the software:

• Unzip the file to get a file called "Congo 6.2.1.9.0.50.exe"
    • Put this file into the root of a USB stick, or into a folder called "SOFTWARE".
    • Insert the USB stick into the console
    • Enter "System Settings", go to the "Update" tab.
    • Use the dropdown box to select "Congo 6.2.1.9.0.50.exe"
      • If you do not see the installer in the dropdown box within about 30 seconds:
        The installer is in the wrong folder or hasn't been unzipped.
        - Windows may put it into a subfolder, move it to the root of the USB stick.
    • Click Install
    • After a few seconds you will get an installer wizard popup, follow the instructions given.

If the Installer wizard doesn't appear within a minute, then the installer has been corrupted, either a bad download or the USB stick is failing.
    - Try re-downloading it from our website, and try a different USB stick.

You can also call your local ETC office for help if you get stuck:

For technical support in the Americas, please call 608/831-4116, or toll-free in the U.S. at 800/688-4116.
    For technical support in Europe, please call (+44) 20 8896 1000.
    For technical support in Germany, please call (+49) 8024 4700-0
    For technical support in Asia, please call (+852) 2799 1220.

• Holding down [?] is only for updating facepanel firmware on Congo Console, not for console operating software.

To install the software:

• Unzip the file to get a file called "Congo 6.2.1.9.0.50.exe"
    • Put this file into the root of a USB stick, or into a folder called "SOFTWARE".
    • Insert the USB stick into the console
    • Enter "System Settings", go to the "Update" tab.
    • Use the dropdown box to select "Congo 6.2.1.9.0.50.exe"
      • If you do not see the installer in the dropdown box within about 30 seconds:
        The installer is in the wrong folder or hasn't been unzipped.
        - Windows may put it into a subfolder, move it to the root of the USB stick.
    • Click Install
    • After a few seconds you will get an installer wizard popup, follow the instructions given.

If the Installer wizard doesn't appear within a minute, then the installer has been corrupted, either a bad download or the USB stick is failing.
    - Try re-downloading it from our website, and try a different USB stick.

You can also call your local ETC office for help if you get stuck:

For technical support in the Americas, please call 608/831-4116, or toll-free in the U.S. at 800/688-4116.
    For technical support in Europe, please call (+44) 20 8896 1000.
    For technical support in Germany, please call (+49) 8024 4700-0
    For technical support in Asia, please call (+852) 2799 1220.

Children
No Data
Related