Element Moving Lights Programming & Some Basics

I'm brand new to lighting design - so I hope I'm asking this question in the right place.   I've got most of my washes and scene lighting and cues set up for a theatre show.    I've got 4 MAC 250+ Entours connected to the board.  Channels 130-133.  I've added those 4 channels into group 1.  I've also set up a bunch of palettes for intensity, beam, color, and focus.     I'm just not really sure what the best way to program these into my board is.     The show is musical theatre - but all of the songs are pop music so there is a lot of programming.    We are also adding 12 LED fixtures and 6 white pars for blinders next weekend.

Again apologies for not knowing some of the basics..

a) should I create a single effect for each song with all the F/I/C/B setup as each step? and then add the group + effects to the cues between my other cues?  Or should each focus/intensity/color/beam +effect be its own cue

b) any recommendations how to time the moving lights to the music?   Should it be programmed in somehow - or should the lighting operator be controlling the timing live?

c)   how many decimal points can you have in a cue number?  If I have to program each F/I/C/B as a separate cue - its going to take a while.  can you have a cue 9.11 and 9.12 or only 9.1 and 9.2

d) is there any easier way to put all the lights to zero to build my scenes?   I thought [Clear][Sneak][Enter] would do it - but it doesnt really do anything.  the only way I've figured out how to do it is to use Chanel [1] [Thru] [250] @ 0 [Enter]

I've watched the videos on the ETC library youtube page - but it mostly deals with setting up the positioning and other parameters - and not so much on how to move between the different parts of the show.

Thanks for helping out the new guy!

Related