Macro syntax help

Sometimes it's the simple stuff that catches us out....

I was trying to build a Macro that selects every patched channel. but I can't figure out a way to just select just the Patched channels.

I can select the Unpatched channels. The inverse of that will select all channels. (Query is_in Unpatched / Query isn't in Unpatched)

I can do a [1 Through 5,000], but depending upon flexi states, that would literally grab 1 through 5,000.

(I can't command a specific Flexi state from the macro, can I?)

I can easily do this in person, but building a Macro has really caught me out.

In case it helps, I was going to build a few macros to auto-build some I-Palettes & C-Palettes on patched channels.

Thanks!

• Sorry actually you are correct, that syntax does work as well as mine. I tried it again, so dont know what i did wrong earlier.

So you can do it either way.

None of this is actually anything to with EOS macros being strange and the reason there is no documentation on their syntax is because they are simply recordings of what you would type anyway. So the syntax of an eos macro is simply the same syntax as a normal EOS command (which the whole manual is pretty much the documentation for).
  • So the root cause of my initial statement was the Labels flummoxing the whole works. I totally acquiesce to that.

but that you HAVE to Learn every macro because it's impossible to create them via the Edit mode caused me quite some consternation too. and before you say that all commands are available via virtual buttons... No. They are not.
    Having to re-enter a 100 command macro three different times because I made a mistake and that one command isn't available via edit mode ruins my day.

I still can't figure out why the Flexi_Patch command isn't working.
    On a debugging sense, this is worse than programming in BASIC.
    So I expect to spend a few more days trying to get one macro to work.

but just saying that Macros work exactly like as if you were entering commands live is proven to be false.
    There are totally quirks that cause things to fail and it's infuriating to be told otherwise.
    People don't always use the Best Practices when there are easier ways to do it live.
    I just feel as if there should be better attention given to the subject of macro creation than just the basic "Learn Macro, Edit Macro, Delete Macro".
    The very concept of a macro is to do complex things easily. So thinking that that'd be easy isn't ideal.
    ~IMHO

Thanks all!
Related