Scenes on Magic Sheets

Greetings,

I'm struggling to understand the Scene element in Magic Sheets.

I assumed it would be a Direct Select button, but you don't seem to be able to assign a specific Scene to it once added to your sheet.

It appears to do nothing until a cue is played back from any list that contains a Scene. From then on it is bound to that Cue List and will display only scenes from that list, even if I release the list, switch it Off, or unload it. It even sticks to the same list if I reload the showfile… The only way I've found to unlink it is to exit to the shell and perform a deep clear. Then once I reload the show it will display scenes from the first Cue List played back with a Scene recorded, but will again stick to it like glue until another Deep Clear is performed.

Seems like a bug to me.

Does this seem strange to anyone else, or am I just using it wrong?

I'd love to have a Direct Select Scene button. It does seem odd that there is a button element for all other Direct Select targets, but not scenes.

I understand the need for a Scene element that displays the current Scene in a specific Cue List, but this current implementation, if that is what was intended, seems unfinished.

Thoughts appreciated.

Best,

Sabr.

Related