ION subs

Trying to record three subs using a Chauvet TriTour led fixture; sub 1 led red, sub 2 led green, sub 3 led blue.  Reason: teaching a middle school class very basic lighting including very basic rgb blending.  Have a middle school student sitting at the console so don't want them controlling led's using the ML controls virtual wheels or selecting the fixture and using the encoders (to much for them to grasp).  I want them to be able to bring up sub 1 to show the whole class red in the fixture, then bring down sub 1 and up sub 2 to show them green, then bring down sub 2 and up sub 3 to show blue and off again.

Next I want them to bring up sub 1 and slowly add sub 2 to show how the colors change while adding green to red.  I take them through a couple of other combinations and end with all 3 faders up showing white; ugly agreed, but at least to show them basic rgb = white.

I've tried all the settings for subs I can think of but no matter what setting they don't respond in that fashion.  They seem to all have individual control.  I know i'm missing something.

I don't want to switch the console to channel mode because I have other demonstrations on subs for other things.

Any suggestions?

Related