iRFR

I wasn't able to make it to USITT for details, when can we expect to see the iRFR appear on the app store? I assume not until 1.5 is released? Will the wireless network be provided by WAPs, similar to the PDA remotes for Emphasis?

Can't wait till I can just walk into the space and do pre-show checks from my phone without leaving the stage...

Parents
  • We will be posting the iRFR app to the iTunes store shortly (will post a notification here then that is done).  We are still in final testing on this.   It will work with the current Congo/Congo jr release, but not with Eos and Ion until 1.5 is released.  You will need a closed wireless network.  We will provide further instruction on this via a wiki shortly.

Thanks!

a

• Anne Valentino said:
    We will be posting the iRFR app to the iTunes store shortly

What is your definition of "shortly"?

• "Shortly" is a weasel word often used by developers and marketeers to explain a time frame in which several unpredictable unknowns exist.  In this particular instance, "shortly" is used as we have not yet finished testing the iRFR app and Apple is not particularly helpful when you are posting apps where there is a dollar figure attached.    Our target date was to post the app last week.  There were several impediments to this plan.  "Shortly" therefore seems to be the word that most defines our goals, without promising dates that we may simply be unable to meet. 

The iRFR cannot be used on Eos/Ion until 1.5 software is released (end of April).  "End of April"  is a slight variation on the weasel concept defined above - but the basic precepts are the same.  

As soon as a hard date is available, you all will hear it here first!

Hope that helps!

a

• "Shortly" is a weasel word often used by developers and marketeers to explain a time frame in which several unpredictable unknowns exist.  In this particular instance, "shortly" is used as we have not yet finished testing the iRFR app and Apple is not particularly helpful when you are posting apps where there is a dollar figure attached.    Our target date was to post the app last week.  There were several impediments to this plan.  "Shortly" therefore seems to be the word that most defines our goals, without promising dates that we may simply be unable to meet. 

The iRFR cannot be used on Eos/Ion until 1.5 software is released (end of April).  "End of April"  is a slight variation on the weasel concept defined above - but the basic precepts are the same.  

As soon as a hard date is available, you all will hear it here first!

Hope that helps!

a

Children
Related