ColorSource Relay & AV 40 Issues

Howdy!

We have a client (School Board) who is having trouble with a half dozen ColorSource Relays they purchased at the start of a board-wide theatre equipment upgrade. The first 2 displayed a problem code and after phoning Tech Support, they are sending them in for servicing. The most recent lot were working fine for a few weeks, but now show an orange light on the Power LED. They no longer recognize DMX In and while they recognize a USB, they wouldn't search or cycle to find the firmware and reset.

The client also found a problem with 2 different AV 40 boards where they don't cycle through the startup as usual (no LED chase through the Bump buttons) and it only gets to the 'Starting Up' menu where it freezes. Supposedly it can't restart, can't factory reset, and can't push software/firmware. Same problem, 2 different boards.

I should mention that I haven't verified this personally and all this info is from their AV Install Team of capable guys who have some limited theatre training but are definitely not Theatre Technicians.

What are the chances that all this equipment was made on a Friday Afternoon before quittin' time?

I appreciate the help!
Evan

• Hello Evan,

I'm sorry to hear your client has been running into so many issues with their ColorSource Relays and consoles. The best bet is always to give us a call at (800) 688 - 4116 and ask for Technical Support to work through these issues.

Since they are having a cluster of problems with the ColorSource Relays, I would verify that they've tried more than one thumbdrive to perform the update - occasionally some ColorSource Relays won't update from a thumbdrive that I have. Beyond that, it would be helpful to know the relays' Serial Numbers, the voltage of the power coming into them, what's plugged into them (type of fixture, wattage, etc), what else is on the DMX chain, and so on.

Regarding the ColorSource consoles, I would guess that there is either a missing connection between the button / fader board and the main UI, or that something more systemic is wrong. In either case, getting some over-the-phone troubleshooting is probably the quickest way to a resolution.
  • Evan, I know this thread is 3 years old but did you ever get a resolution for the AV40?

• Contact Technical Support if you are experiencing problems with your AV40 console.  In the last three years much has changed - so we would need to know more details.

• The details as I know them. Installed in fall 2017. Never updated firmware. Failed to shutdown last use and now fails to boot and gets stuck in a left to right bump light flash sequence/boot loop. It is on its way for repair with ETC. Tried entering service and flashing/wiping its memory and it still gets stuck in boot loop.

Related