ETC ION, timing duration

I'm programming on an ETC ION and while creating cues, some cues are created in split time IE: 3 / 4 with the duration of 4. This is fine. Other cues are in a singular 5 second count up and down but the duration is 10. Is there a way to make the duration also in a 5 count? That cues is not have discrete timing. I believe it has something to do with automarking. 

Thanks!

Parents
  • Indeed it has to do with automark. If there is a channel fading out that needs to be prepared for the next cue this will by default happen in the same time as the fadeout, after the fadeout. Of course you can change that, the question is what kind of fixture had to automark. If it's a LED that's no problem, if it's something that has to physically move, an automark in 0 will be both loud and unhealthy for the fixture.

To change the mark time in general go to setup, show, Mark Time. If you want to change individually you want to use discrete times on the FCB parameters.
  • Indeed it has to do with automark. If there is a channel fading out that needs to be prepared for the next cue this will by default happen in the same time as the fadeout, after the fadeout. Of course you can change that, the question is what kind of fixture had to automark. If it's a LED that's no problem, if it's something that has to physically move, an automark in 0 will be both loud and unhealthy for the fixture.

To change the mark time in general go to setup, show, Mark Time. If you want to change individually you want to use discrete times on the FCB parameters.
Children
  • The show I'm programming has a cue with a time of 5/5. During programming I changed the level on a group of channels asking it to change over 1:20. The duration on the cue is now 1:20. I must have inadvertently updated this timing into the cue. Since I have no experience with Duration, how can I get all the channels in the cue to fade in 5/5 with Duration at 5 seconds as well? There is no need for automarking since the fixtures in question are conventional.

• The Duration field in the cue list is always going to show the aggregate time for everything that is changing in the cue. So if you have any discrete timing, that will be reflected in the duration.

To remove the discrete timing on channels, select the channels, then Time Enter.  Then Update the cue to store the changed timing. Now all of your channels will follow the whole cue timing of 5 seconds.

Related