Park function

I wonder if we could get a park function? or the independent to control a channel or a DMX address .

Any ideas for a workaround??

Thanks

• I do love park on EOS consoles and would like to see it here as well.
    But if you want to use it for a single-address-thing then the independents will do exactly that, won´t they?

• Yes but if you have multiple addresses to park as in the case of 20 relays that provide power to the fixtures it won’t work. If  we could assign a channel to an independent that would work perfectly. 

• That´s correct! Assigning channels that not even count for the 40/80 channels would be great.
    I just thought that you want to park a single address as you said:

the independent to control a channel or a DMX address

Using a playback on the last page for that wouldn´t be safe as it can be released by pressing "clear all" right?
    Addressing all the relays the same isn´t sexy either...

I actually can give two addresses per independent does that affect the range between those or just two per ind.?
    I´m not in front of a console just checking the offline-Editor. 

• I actually can give two addresses per independent does that affect the range between those or just two per ind.?

In v1.x and v2.x it is just those two addresses.  Building in a Park function is on the list, but I don't have any feel for when that might come.

In the past, I've made a 20-address device with attributes intensity1-intensity20, which home at 255 and have two ranges, 0 and 255.  By homing to full, the relays would turn on anytime the console is turned on.  You could also home to 0 of course, and make the choice to turn them on each time.

This does eat up one channel, but I prefer that to eating up 20 channels, or ceding individual control of those relays.

The practical limit of this idea is that you can't have a custom device with more than 32 attributes IIRC.

Related