Guide to triggering Eos via OSC from Qlab

Since I couldn't find a simple answer to this I've updated the Qlab wiki with details of how to control Eos over OSC from Qlab, to keep things simple I avoided needing to use OSCrouter, but this seems to work quite happily

Wiki is at https://figure53.hostedwiki.co/pages/QLab%203%20Tips%20and%20Tricks I have also pasted it below for reference.

Controlling ETC ION with Qlab 3 & 4 via OSC

Note: Requires QLab version 3.0.8 or later and a minimum ETC Eos Family software of 2.3.1.

On the console:

In the shell's network tab enable "UDP Strings & OSC"

Press [Displays] and expand {Setup} and then double click on Show Settings

Under the Show Control section, ensure these settings:

String RX: Enabled

String RX Port: 0
OSC RX Port Number: 9000

Note: Make sure your QLab machine and console are on the same network (and subnet) and can communicate before continuing (try pinging the console from the Qlab machine).

Within Qlab:

Head to settings > OSC NOT OSC CONTROL If using Qlab 4 then head to settings > Network
Set up a patch with the IP address of the console (find this from the about view on your console) and port 9000.

Create an OSC cue (on Qlab 4 now called "Network Cue"
Select the Destination as the patch you create above
Set the Message Type to "Custom OSC message" (Qlab 4 simply "OSC message" with "No Fade")
Set the message to:

"/eos/cue/XX/YY/fire"

Where XX is the cue list (normally 1) and YY is the cue, you can omit the cue list if you are using a single cue list on eos

Try hitting "Send message" to see if this works!

I have a hope that at some point figure 53 might integrate the eos OSC language directly into Qlab, however for now this appears to work fine!

NOTE - I have just updated this to show that the OSC RX and STRING RX ports must not be the same!

NOTE2 - Have changed the port as 3032 is the TCP port so I was silly.. Also added Qlab 4 info

Updated for changes
[edited by: richardWilliamson at 11:35 AM (GMT -5) on Thu, Oct 19 2017]
Related