trigger multiple macros simultaneously

Hello,

I'm working on file where I take notes from a midi file, use qlab to convert it to MSC and then send it trigger macros  on the ION (bump subs mostly, but also run an effect and turn on a light and turn it on with a seperate macro).    It seems however that I can't trigger 2 macros simultaneously.  Is this just a limitation of the ion or is there a way I could work around this?   

cheers

j

Parents
  • Going back to the triggering multiple macro's problem, my workaround would be to create a macro that executes the group of macro's that you need. So for example, if MIDI Note 1 triggers macros 1, 2 and 3 and MIDI Note 2 triggers macros 1, 5 and 6, you create a macro 100 (For example) that triggers macros 1, 2 and 3. Then your MIDI Note 1 executes Macro 100. Then do this for each of the combinations you need. While not clean, it will work, most of the time. Sometimes the macros won't work in the correct order. In this case I have found recording the actions directly into the trigger macros work.

Hope this helps!
  • Thanks for your help everyone. This was a one night only show, on a very short schedule, so we got it working for the most part. I ended up using subs and SET instead of macros and FIRE, with MSC. Didn't have time to delve into full midi, but everyone's advice helped make for a pretty awesome looking show.

Thanks again everyone. I'll definitely be exploring this more in the future.
  • Thanks for your help everyone. This was a one night only show, on a very short schedule, so we got it working for the most part. I ended up using subs and SET instead of macros and FIRE, with MSC. Didn't have time to delve into full midi, but everyone's advice helped make for a pretty awesome looking show.

Thanks again everyone. I'll definitely be exploring this more in the future.
Children
No Data
Related