MIDI Over USB

Can someone elaborate how this works?

MIDI Over USB

Version 2.6 adds support for third party MIDI over USB devices. In the ECU, you will need to enable their use in Settings>Local I/O>USB MIDI.

I activated it on my @5.  What devices/sources can I use to input midi over USB?

Or link a generic Midi interface I should look at?

Parents
  • I’ve got MTC working. You need to use a Windows7 class compliant interface, which does not require drivers to be installed.
    I can confirm the following usb midi interfaces work and receive Midi Timecode into the GIO just fine:
    - ESI Midimate eX
    - iConnectivity mio

I tried a cheap $8 knock-off from HSI and it didn’t work. Some people had success with it but mine was faulty. I’m using the ESU Midimate eX as I write this, sending MTC from my laptop via a MOTU’s Clockworks software (using their Micro Express midi interface).
  • I’ve got MTC working. You need to use a Windows7 class compliant interface, which does not require drivers to be installed.
    I can confirm the following usb midi interfaces work and receive Midi Timecode into the GIO just fine:
    - ESI Midimate eX
    - iConnectivity mio

I tried a cheap $8 knock-off from HSI and it didn’t work. Some people had success with it but mine was faulty. I’m using the ESU Midimate eX as I write this, sending MTC from my laptop via a MOTU’s Clockworks software (using their Micro Express midi interface).
Children
No Data
Related