qlab controlling eos nomad cue timing issue

I got qlab calling cues in nomad thanks to this forum. However,  when I call a cue out of order it snaps to the cue.  I have used midi with our old 250 board and I am used to calling cues out of order because it always uses the timing of the called cue. Without this I'll have to rethink this whole setup.   Can this be fixed?   FYI:  Using osc string. eos/cue/xx/fire  in qlab.  Maybe I should try direct midi instead?  Or a different string?  

Thanks.

Parents
  • I think the command you are sending is more or less the same as typing cue n which is different to GoTo Cue n which is what you need to do for cue timing.

I dont have things setup to test this out but the documentation at github.com/.../Eos OSC Keys.pdf indicates that you can directly send the key strokes via osc.

So probably doing /eos/key/go_to_cue as the basis for what you are wanting to would be what you could try.

Documentation is somewhat lacking on the eos osc strings, so can't tell if you would then send additional /eos/key/ commands or you can string them into the same osc string.

ie either

/eos/key/go_to_cue
    /eos/key/4
    /eos/key/enter

or maybe but less likely

/eos/key/go_to_cue/4/enter
  • I think the command you are sending is more or less the same as typing cue n which is different to GoTo Cue n which is what you need to do for cue timing.

I dont have things setup to test this out but the documentation at github.com/.../Eos OSC Keys.pdf indicates that you can directly send the key strokes via osc.

So probably doing /eos/key/go_to_cue as the basis for what you are wanting to would be what you could try.

Documentation is somewhat lacking on the eos osc strings, so can't tell if you would then send additional /eos/key/ commands or you can string them into the same osc string.

ie either

/eos/key/go_to_cue
    /eos/key/4
    /eos/key/enter

or maybe but less likely

/eos/key/go_to_cue/4/enter
Children
Related