complete label via OSC

While I'm aware it is possible to set the label of a cue via specific OSC, I'm interested in being able to set the label for a cue via OSC through the command line.

if I send "/eos/cmd/label/hello" then the command line is completed as expected with "Label hello" however if I send "/eos/cmd/label" followed by "/eos/cmd/h" I would expect that I would append an "h" to the current object's label, however instead I get nothing. I feel this is a bug!

Thanks

RIchard

Parents
  • This is not a bug it's an extension of the current OSC implementation that's is currently not there. h is not a command, so /eos/cmd/h doesn't do anything.

I'm afraid you can stop trying, what you want can't be done
  • While I agree that what I want is not currently possible, your explanation doesn't hold water. Since I can send "/eos/cmd/label/hello" which is accepted as a valid command, and "/eos/cmd/label/h/e/l/l/o" which is also accepted as a valid command, in this circumstance the letters are treated as commands for the purposes of OSC. It appears that keyboard commands are simply not available once the console keyboard has appeared - which to me seems a shame!
  • Remember that an address pattern as a whole isn't a command but a route to a command. The command typically being the last part to the pattern.

/eos/cmd/h - as 'h' is not a command found within the array of commands available within /eos/cmd, this definitely wouldn't work.

/eos/cmd/label - is valid because its a command within /cmd

/eos/cmd/label/h/e/l/l/o - is weird and really doesn't make sense.

I'm kind of guessing what you're trying to do here Richard. Do you want to be able to type a character at a time to the desk remotely.

I imagine we might need to put on the list access to keyboard via OSC. e.g

/eos/keyboard/h - would be as if you were pressing "h" on a keyboard or the touchscreen one.
  • Remember that an address pattern as a whole isn't a command but a route to a command. The command typically being the last part to the pattern.

/eos/cmd/h - as 'h' is not a command found within the array of commands available within /eos/cmd, this definitely wouldn't work.

/eos/cmd/label - is valid because its a command within /cmd

/eos/cmd/label/h/e/l/l/o - is weird and really doesn't make sense.

I'm kind of guessing what you're trying to do here Richard. Do you want to be able to type a character at a time to the desk remotely.

I imagine we might need to put on the list access to keyboard via OSC. e.g

/eos/keyboard/h - would be as if you were pressing "h" on a keyboard or the touchscreen one.
Children
  • I almost agree with you, however both "/eos/cmd/a", and "/eos/key/a" work on an empty command line (but generate an error as unknown command), their reception is simply disabled once the keyboard appears on the desk. I'm not sure that a separate /keyboard endpoint is required as long as there are no single character keys that can be anything other than that character sent via /eos/key/...

I agree /h/e/l/l/o is weird - I was just seeing if it would work!
Related