Help me understand this Diagnostics message

This is what happens when Luminosus starts up while Nomad is running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hvKMsKEx0&feature=youtu.be Watch in 1080p

I'm programming a midi controller and I need it to perform the same task that Luminosus does at startup to position my faders and such. I cannot use Luminosus itself because it doesn't communicate well with my faders so i'm using the app OSCulator.

I don't entirely understand what is going on but I know that I can recreate it in OSCulator. I'm really just looking for a basic understanding of what Nomad is doing

A message that is not in the video is that when I close Luminosus Nomad says

TCP OSC ***********:50604 disconnected (the remote has closed the connection)

TCP OSC ***********:50605 disconnected (the remote has closed the connection)

Are the messages that pop up produced automatically when Nomad makes the first connection. Or was every message that was sent manually created and sent by the developer of the app? 

So do I only have to focus on making Nomad recognize my connection or do I have to program every single function?

edit- My main goal with all of this is to be able to control my board with the software faders and functions from Nomad. So moving my fader in nomad would move my fader on my board. I can do every single function from board to software right now but not from software to board

Parents
  • Hey Jesse,

So there is a lot going on there but the key things are:
    - After the client connected it pinged the console with the address pattern "/eos/ping" and keeps on pinging
    - It then subscribed to be notified to show file changes with the address pattern "/eos/subscribe" and a Integer argument with a value of 1. The integer is important as it's essentially saying i want to subscribe. If it was 0 it would be unsubscribing.
    - It then asked the desk to set up and be notified on the first 10 faders in the desk with /eos/fader/1/config/10.

You will then get messages something like /eos/out/fader/1/2 0.430(f) back from the desk which represent the position of fader 2. The address pattern comes with a float value between 0-1, 1 being the fader is at 0%, 1 being 100%.

As we're justing talking about faders you can ignore all the gathering of cue list informatiuon, which is also within there. I also imagine that you don't mind about the fader names. At which point I doubt you would even need to subscribe...

EDIT - You don't need to subscribe for fader names so you can definitely ignore this.

So essentially you need some way to send:
    /eos/fader/1/config/10
    and then make sure your faders are setup so that they will react to messages like:
    /eos/out/fader/1/2 0.430(f)

You should take a read from the bottom of page 54 of our show control documentation. www.etcconnect.com/.../DownloadAsset.aspx

Also a read of blog.etcconnect.com/.../

• Ok wow thank you so much! That really helps! I started reading through the entire show control guide but haven't gotten to that point yet

My controller actually has "Scribble Strips" an LED lit section where you can put text, and I think the fader names actually will come in handy. I might be able to set it up so that the names appear on my controller when they are sent. Same with the cue list names appearing on a different spot on the controller

I only have one question, Luminosus continually pings eos as long as it is open. Is that necessary for any reason? Maybe to stay subscribed?
  • The pinging isn't necessary. It's typically used to ascertain whether the eos console is set up correctly and can communicate via OSC. Luminosus will probably be monitoring the ping response and if a /eos/out/ping is not received within a given amount of time, possibly shut down the connection and present an error message to the user... or something of that effect.
  • Ok that's great! thank you again! Glad to hear that I don't have to constantly ping nomad.
Reply Children
No Data
Related