Stream EOS to iPad

My name is Sam from Chicago. I am running an ION for a TV show and I want to share the magic sheet view on the board to an iPad via a wireless network.

Basically, I would like to screen cast the ION to an iPad.

My network setup:

All sub net mask: 255.255.0.0, plugged into a gigabit switch:

ION:                                    10.101.90.101

Gateway:                           10.101.90.102

Apple Base Station:        10.101.90.103

iPad Mini:                          10.101.90.104

I believe I can plug in a Miracast dongle into the DVI port by using an HDMI turnaround, then setting up the rest on the iPad, but I'm wondering if there is another way to do this.

Any ideas?

Parents
  • I’m guessing when you say that a miracast dongle, you mean something like the AnyCast? If so, that kind of dongle only works on the receiving end (to my knowledge), mirroring an iPad onto a monitor with the dongle. One option to mirror a monitor is this solution for a TV camera. I’m sure there are others, too. www.came-tv.com/.../came-tv-wireless-hd-video-kit. Probably the best option is an app like ETC’s iRFR or one that allows a custom layout like TouchOSC. One other option is to screen mirror a computer running Nomad. This would probably be the cheapest if you have a Mac or windows machine avalible. I‘ve tried Chrome Remote Desktop and it works pretty well. 

• Thank you for the feedback. I ended up using mirror mode on an offline editor laptop on the same network. I then used an app called Duet Display, which allows me to look at the desktop on my iPad. On the ion, I called up the magic sheet view and was able to view it on the iPad.

This worked well for a while, but the offline editor crashed after about thirty minutes.

• That should have all worked but Duet might have been an overkill and perhaps caused the offline editor to crash as its not just a screen mirror its actually makes the iPad into a full touch screen monitor ie you can interact with the laptop from it. 

In theory if you had the right licences you could effectively run your magic sheet on the ipad - I've done that with nomads, so if that's set to act as a secondary to the ion you could control the Ion from the magic sheet on the ipad.

There's also another app ApowerMirror that's similar to Duet that might be an alternatice if Duet is not stable on your setup.

• That should have all worked but Duet might have been an overkill and perhaps caused the offline editor to crash as its not just a screen mirror its actually makes the iPad into a full touch screen monitor ie you can interact with the laptop from it. 

In theory if you had the right licences you could effectively run your magic sheet on the ipad - I've done that with nomads, so if that's set to act as a secondary to the ion you could control the Ion from the magic sheet on the ipad.

There's also another app ApowerMirror that's similar to Duet that might be an alternatice if Duet is not stable on your setup.

Children
No Data
Related