Touch Screen

Hello Everyone

We have just got our new ION. It has two Iyama Prolite T2252MTS touchscreens with it.

I have managed to get one of these to work as a touchscreen. The second one will not. The one that works is the one configured as the primary. I have tried swapping cables and outputs but still no joy.

They are both plugged up via DVI and USB.

Does the ION only support one touch screen?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanx

Baz

Parents
  • The console supports 2 touch screen monitors on the dual DVI ports and using 2 USB ports.

The ETC WiKi article about touch screen supported by the console is here:

http://community.etcconnect.com/wikis/products/touchscreen-monitors.aspx

Some troubleshooting:

- Do both monitors get an image when either is connected to the known working DVI port.  Do this to rule out a problem with a monitor.  As well, you can use the known working monitor the determine if both DVI ports are functioning.  Also check to see if either monitor will take a touch input to the screen, this check the USB to console connection.

- If both monitors are working but a DVI port doesn't, connect and power up both monitors and re-boot the console.  When you see the countdown window, click the mouse on it and go into the Shell.  The monitor configuration section is here and you will see if the console is finding 2 monitors on boot.  

- It wouldn't hurt to re-read the manual section as to configuring monitors.  

[edited by: Steve Bailey at 1:31 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Apr 19 2014]
  • Hi Steve

Thank you for your reply. I have had both monitors in both ports and yes they both work as they should on DVI. I have the correct images on both monitors. 

The problem is with the USB. I have both monitors plugged up for DVI and USB yet only the 1st monitor operates as a touch screen. The second screen does not. When I cross plug the DVI so the second monitor becomes the primary screen then that works as a touch screen but the first monitor does not. 

I have re read the section on monitors and checked that it is correct. 

Thanx

baz

• What happens after a re-boot ?, and make sure the monitors are both powered and On during the boot.

As well, can you do a monitor configuration in shell ?, it'll have you calibrate the touch function on the screen.

• Hi Steve

Once again Thank You.

I have done a reboot but I will do it again.

The touch screens do not seem to want to calibrate in shell.

It says that it can not find any ELO touch screens or any ETC touch screens.

I feel like I have missed something very stupid.

I have packed the desk up for the night I am back on Tuesday so will try again then.

Thanx

bAz

• Ok guys I know that the ion requires "accutouch" touchscreen monitors to work properly.  Looking over the site for the monitor mentioned, it appears as that this monitor in question doesn't use that driver set.  I would contact ETC tech support to see if moving the console to windows 7 embedded will fix your problem.  I however have a feeling that since these monitors aren't ELO's that you may be bummin.

• Agreeing with Glenn. Those monitors are probably not supported. There may be a solution later this year to get rid of that limitation of ion, but I guess for the moment you don't have the right monitors
  • Whats that solution you are talking about. And did it come?
  • The solution was that ETC started to make a hardware and software upgrade for ions. After that upgrade an in console will have the same insides as a never generation ion. And because it ruins win 7 you can also run touchscreens other than Elo 5-wire resistive touch
Reply Children
No Data
Related