Setting fade time for a palette button

We have set up a bunch of useful colors and different fixure groups as a magic sheet. So when I click on the [Group xy] and then on palette button [amber], they instantly switch to amber. Now i need some way to override this zero-timing by tap-time or a time I can enter, but I cant figure out how to do this.

Ideally, I'd would like to have a couple of buttons [0] [1/4] [1/3] [1/2] [1], that hold status and modify the timing in fractions of tapped timing with 0=instantly and 1=tapped timing. So when I click on [1/2] in a 60 bpm-setting, the command [Group xy] [Cyan] should fade the selected group to cyan in 0.5s.

Any help appreciated.

best reagrds,

.rhavin

Parents
  • I tried to see if I could create multiple effects that run at different speeds and learn the same BPM into all of them.
    Learning a BPM into different effects just gives the error "Error: not valid for multiple targets".

You can however, if you know the exact BPM, change the BPM in blind for multiple effects. Then you can have different color changes with different speeds. Make absolute effects that change color with stop and hold times. In order to have the times be different, make some with intermediate steps.

For example:

Effect 1
    Step Time Red Green Blue
    1 1 100 50 50
    2 1 100 0 0

Effect 2
    Step Time Red Green Blue
    1 1 100 0 0

(It won't let me paste tab characters but you get the idea.)

Make effect buttons on your magic sheets for the effects.
    In live, run an effect you don't care about on a channel that isn't being used.
    Learn the BPM for that effect and it will tell you the BPM in the CIA - let's say it's 60.
    Go to the blind effects tab and type
    Effect 1 thru 2 BPM 60 Enter

If you select multiple effects with your mouse and try to change the BPM, it won't work. This is a bug.

• I tried to see if I could create multiple effects that run at different speeds and learn the same BPM into all of them.
    Learning a BPM into different effects just gives the error "Error: not valid for multiple targets".

You can however, if you know the exact BPM, change the BPM in blind for multiple effects. Then you can have different color changes with different speeds. Make absolute effects that change color with stop and hold times. In order to have the times be different, make some with intermediate steps.

For example:

Effect 1
    Step Time Red Green Blue
    1 1 100 50 50
    2 1 100 0 0

Effect 2
    Step Time Red Green Blue
    1 1 100 0 0

(It won't let me paste tab characters but you get the idea.)

Make effect buttons on your magic sheets for the effects.
    In live, run an effect you don't care about on a channel that isn't being used.
    Learn the BPM for that effect and it will tell you the BPM in the CIA - let's say it's 60.
    Go to the blind effects tab and type
    Effect 1 thru 2 BPM 60 Enter

If you select multiple effects with your mouse and try to change the BPM, it won't work. This is a bug.

Children
No Data
Related