Setting effect channels in live mode?

This works in a blind magic sheet command-button:

Effect 1 Step 1 Thru 6 ♦

- 1 Thru 999 ♦

Group 2 ♦

How can I make it in live?

Parents
  • What is it supposed to do?

I've been using macro objects instead of command objects. The console interprets button presses and commands differently depending on which mode you are in. If you want to learn a macro that only works in blind, start learning it in live. The first thing you learn should be the "blind" button press (or selection of a tab that puts you in blind) and the last thing you learn should be the "live" button press.
  • Blind ♦
    Effect 1 Step 1 Thru 6 ♦
    - Chan 1 Thru 999 ♦
    Group 1.2 ♦

Now you can call this macro from live or blind but it still works only if you're in blind when *calling* the macro.

What works a little bit as expected is:

Macro 1

Effect Open_Effect_Blind ♦
    Effect 1 Step 1 Thru 6 ♦
    - Chan 1 Thru 999 ♦
    Group 1.1 ♦

Macro 2

Effect Open_Effect_Blind ♦
    Effect 1 Step 1 Thru 6 ♦
    - Chan 1 Thru 999 ♦
    Group 1.2 ♦

Now both macros change effect channels but work only in forground (why not in background?), they exit in blind, one needs to manually press esc as you cant record esc into macro (why?)…

so you get this kind of working when doing

[Macro] [1]♦

(little pause) [Esc]

If you're to fast with pressing [Esc], you interrupt the macro, and I cant put this into a magic-sheet.

What it is supposed to do is doing this completely in the background without changing actual view so i can put it into a magic-sheet button.

• If you just add LIVE to the end of the macro then it returns back to live and if you then fire this macro from you magic sheet, you will be back on the magic sheet in live mode.

I use this technique for setting up BPM values across a large number of effects from a magic sheet. (The effects tab will still be there but as the desk is now in live it can't have focus so the magic sheets regains focus)
  • If you just add LIVE to the end of the macro then it returns back to live and if you then fire this macro from you magic sheet, you will be back on the magic sheet in live mode.

I use this technique for setting up BPM values across a large number of effects from a magic sheet. (The effects tab will still be there but as the desk is now in live it can't have focus so the magic sheets regains focus)
Children
No Data
Related