Notice to iRFR and aRFR users! Application updates are pending.

As many of you know, we have been working on a refresh to the iRFR and aRFR applications.    These changes are making their way through iTunes and Google Play.     Here is what is going to happen.  

If you have previously purchased either the iRFR or the aRFR, the modified software will come through the app update tool on your device.    Please note that you MUST be running 2.6 software to use the application once the update is done.  It will no longer work on earlier versions of Eos software. 

If you are in a position that you cannot upgrade to 2.6 at this time, there are two choices:

a)  Turn off the auto-update function on your phone and don't install the update until you can move to 2.6.

b)  We are reposting the previous versions of the application under the names iRFR Classic and aRFR Classic.  If you complete the download of the app update and you find your app no longer works because you aren't running 2.6 yet, you can download the previous version under this new name.  These apps are both free.

If you use both Eos and Cobalt software, note that the updated version of the app does not currently function on Cobalt.    You will need to use the Classic versions instead.

Thanks much everyone.

Anne

15 Replies - Page 1 of 1

• Thank you Anne, however I don't see the update or the classic available. We've been waiting a LONG time for an update to the aRFR version. Is there an operators manual available that we could browse through to see the changes prior to getting the update?
    Thanks again.
  • In reply to Terry Moore:

The aRFR version has not yet been posted. It should be available in the next few days. There is not an operations manual available- as with most apps. There is a setup guide.

Thanks much!
    a
  • In reply to Anne Valentino:

So Anne, I'm EXTREMELY patient (OK, that's a lie! Ha!) Waiting on the aRFR update is worse than expecting gifts on Christmas morning...at least we KNOW when Christmas is!!!!!! Any hints as to a possible release date? (Thank you for all your hard work on this update.)
    Terry
  • Anne,
    I want to publicly apologize for my persistence about the update! I recieved it just now. I'm looking forward to checking it out! Again, I'm sorry and thank you for all your hard work on this update!
    Terry Moore

No need to apologize at all.

Thanks for the reply.

Anne

Does anyone know how to paych channels/dimmers etc on the new version of iRFR?
  • In reply to Ian:

Following.... I am really missing many of the previous options for the aRFR and iRFR.
    aRFR only shows me a cue list, NO OTHER OPTIONS. So glad this is not a show day.
    iRFR has lots of fun features but all of the Master Electrician options for trouble shooting are not readily available.
  • In reply to JLGray:

if you only see a cuelist, then the app thinks it's the free version. try going online (as in connect to the internet) and then back to your lighting network. better now? there's a known bug, that the app sometimes forgets that it's supposed to be the paid version.
  • In reply to ueliriegg:

I don't only see a cue list, the remote works to call up channels but there seems to be no way to patch channels etc.
  • In reply to Ian:

i guess i missunderstood "it shows me a cue list, NO OTHER OPTIONS"... ;)

i never used the patch function in the old app, but i'm pretty sure you couldn't choose fixture types, correct? so you could patch new dimmer channels? you can still do that by accessing patch through the facepanel and then type e.g. 5@3 Enter. same syntax as you would use on a console
  • In reply to ueliriegg:

That's correct you could only patch channel to dimmer on the old version, but you had to press PATCH first. There seems to be no PATCH button on the new version, only ADDRESS, which you might think was the same thing, but alas it isn't and entering the syntax as you suggests adds a 0 to the last 3 making it a level (30%) not a dimmer /dmx number.
  • In reply to Ian:

just like on the console you should be able to double tab Address.
  • In reply to ueliriegg:

Ah, I will try that next time I'm with the EOS ..tomorrow I expect. Thanks
  • In reply to Ian:

That works, thanks for the answer.
Page 1 of 1
Related