User modes versus Primary

Hi

I am often sitting in the auditorium using a nomad PC to a) control the rig & b) look at cues and channels etc. Using the Nomad is fine and I do like the relatively simple networking & user set up to make this happen.

I often assign myself a different number user so as not to interfere with the main console. Due to being a different user number,  I am getting frustrated at not being able to see the changes that the op has made. My user level/screen will not show the manual changes that they have done. Depending on the speed & number of changes required, I may end up asking the op what are the levels now at etc. Just looking to speed up my response times etc.

Is there a way to view the live/primary channel screen whilst the Nomad is set up as different user? I often do some of the plotting work/fixes at the same time the op is using the console. Being the same user is not practical etc.

I am sure there is a way to achieve this but I cannot seem to find the way.

My screen is normally set to Channel Flexi Active and Cue playback.

An RVI is not something that I will have access too.

Many thanks in advance.

Eamon

Parents Reply
  • Something is weird with your setup, just checking you're using a wired network?

Other users Manual changes should be displayed in active channels and they will be displayed in a deeper/darker red to your manual changes.

You could make a Magic sheet which has a Command Line from the primary. Then change your display into a split frames and then shrink it down to the MS, so you just see there command line in a frame above your command this will help you see then you are typing.

Also check you channel display is at the top of the channel selection. For example if you select channel 200 which pages your display so channel 200 is the first displayed channel. If the primary user changes channel 1 your display won't page up again to display channel 1, you will need to do the display changes. This is only a problem is you have more then 1 page of channels and you've page down at some point. Hope this make sense.
Children
No Data
Related