Gadget 2 and Net2 Nodes

Good Day,

I'm looking to see if anyone has any information or experience using a Gadget 2? 

Currently my theater has an ION updated to 2.6.0 and we recently acquired a Puck for our tech table.  I wish to use the Puck as a backup console. Our current method is a bit convoluted.  

Yes, the "best" solution is Net3 node upgrades, however I'm told not this year, and maybe not next.  So, I'm looking for other options, and wonder if the Gadget is the best/only option available. 

I've had emails into a few places, but no reply yet. 

Thanks for input. 

• The Gadget will allow you to get DMX out of your Nomad Puck. If you can send DMX directly from there to everything else, then that's a great option for a backup. Otherwise, you would need a NET2 input node receiving DMX from your Nomad Puck and putting that information on the network for other NET2 devices to receive. That does sound a little silly at first glance, but it's not a bad interim solution until the budget allows you to make some upgrades to the rest of the system.
  • Depending on how many DMX universes you have and how tied in to the existing Net2 you are, you could just put them all on artnet through something like dmxking.com/.../edmx1-pro and both the ion and the puck could talk to them. We needed to add an additional universe to our Ion and that was an easy way to do it with almost no budget.
Related