Programming Focus Palette Faders without affecting Colour Palette Faders

Hey folks,

I'm working on a concert series for the first time and am encountering some issues with my pre-programmed moving light faders.

I've set an intensity fader that has overall control of intensity regardless of what focus palette or colour the lights are in, but I'm running into trouble when I shift between focus palette faders. I'll be in a colour (via fader) but when I add a focus palette fader to change the lights' position, they auto-change back to open white. I can't seem to set the faders to any type or mode that stops this from happening, so I believe it has to be done through the initial recording of the fader. 

Can anyone speak to this?

Thanks in advance!

• You have several options. If you edit the subs in blind you can remove the unwanted attributes by selecting the channels, specifying the attributes you want to remove and @ enter them. There are also filter options that you can add to subs. The left side of the CIA has tiles you can use to select specific attributes or categories. This can be used when recording or editing content in an record target.
  • Hi,

Here are a couple of things you can try to get the desired result. In the end they all lead to the same thing, just different approaches.

There is a new thing in faders/subs where you can put a channel or parameter filter on them. If you only want focus things coming out of your sub filter it on parameters to that. (note that more than focus information can be stored in them. It just doesn't output it)

You can also make us of the preset/pallete faders, these can be set in tab 36. They will put all channels that have the preset/pallete into the preset/pallete.

When recording you can filter what you want by filtering your command line. A.i. channel [focus] record sub 1. This will only record the focus (pan/tilt) into the sub. The same can be done for colours.

As Druuka said you can also edit the contents of the sub in blind.

Hope this helps.

Bart.
  • Thanks folks! Going to attempt this today.

The one thing that I know doesn't work is the filtering of the command line. I always recorded by doing "{Channel Select} [Focus] Record Sub ..." and still it wouldn't work. I would put up a colour fader, changing the colour, but when I used a focus fader it would auto-change back to 'open'.
    What I did find that worked, though was not convenient, was keeping the channels selected throughout the show and changing the colour via the colour picker. By doing that the focus faders did not auto-change back.
  • specifying attributes before a record command does work and will limit what data is recorded into the sub. It sounds like you specified the color sub recording but possibly not when you recorded the focus fader. A good way to check this is to look at the data in blind. Blind sub # enter. Channel # enter... look at the channel display in table view so you can see what the data is for all the attributes. If there is data that you don't want. Select the channels, specify the attributes, and @ enter the data to remove the attributes you don't want in that sub.
Related