Effects: Rate and Size controlled via Submaster

Is there a way to record an attribute of an effect to a sub (ie rate and size?)
Ive built my effect for just a generic on off flashing effect and I would like to control the size and rate via a sub, is this possible, if so how would I go about recording this?

Cheers

Cameron

• in 2.6 you can give a fader the behaviour Effect Size. it will control the size of all effects running from this fader. so with a sub assigned to a fader with Effect Size you can control an effect in this sub, but not running manually or from a cuelist.
  • Record the effect on channels onto sub as normal. Then configure the fader to have that sub but make it an effect sub. There's a lot of options in the fader list tab. Using multiple faders in a block lets you have lots of control for the same effect, depending on how you built the effect.

I've not tried putting a cue with an effect on a fader.

• I've been working on this lately. I've only figured out how to adjust the rate so far.
    I'm not sure how to do the size yet but you could probably figure that out by experimentation.
    Please also note that this only works for pre-set channels and not for currently selected channels.

This is how I did it:

- Make your effect like usual.
    - When you have the effect editor open, click the "entry" button to edit the entry.
    - Click "Immediate" and then click "Fade by rate".
    - Do the same thing for the exit.
    - Go to your submaster editor and create the submaster you want to make the rate change on.
    - Click the sub you just created and change it to "effect" (rather than additive or inhibitive)
    - Click the "edit" softkey
    - Type "effect (number of the effect you created)" and then press enter.
    - Under the "channels" label, put the channels you are wanting the sub to affect (eg "504 thru 507")
    - Under the "rate" lable, put the rate of the effect you want the sub to max out to (I normally put 500 but it's up to you)
    - Assign the submaster you created to a fader

You're now done creating your effect. Click the enable button to start the effect (on the ion it's the lowest button underneath each fader) and then move up your fader. This should change the speed of the effect.

Let me know if this worked!

-Isaac
  • Making the sub FX Sub and changing the entry behaviour is no longer necessary. Since fader config was added a while ago, depending on what you're doing it can be helpful to no touch the effect and just change the behaviour of the fader
Related