Poss. bug 2.7.2 sACN viewer

When I have the sACN viewer open in a tab (whether the tab is front or not), I lose control over whichever universe I happen to be currently sampling. Changing the sample universe restores control to those units, as does closing the tab.

It also appears to happen cross-network, for example I can have the tab open on the RPU, and lose control on the Ti and vice versa.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Parents
  • Following up on this problem (I am in the same venue where this problem occurred). Through troubleshooting we have found the problem.

The culprit was the network switches we were using. Whenever we connect 2 TP-Link Gigabit Desktop Switches, the output of the universe that we are sampling with the sACN window freezes.

To replicate, I connected two LED PARS to two separate ports on a 4 port node that is connected to the console via 2 of the above switches. Then patched them to two separate universes.
    -Set them both running a basic intensity effect.
    -Open the sACN sampling window and sample the universe of one of the fixtures. The effect on the fixture will freeze even though the sampling screen will still have moving values.
    -Change to the universe of the other fixture and the effect on that fixture will freeze and the first one will resume it's effect.
    -Close the sACN window, and both will resume their effect.

If there is only one switch between the console and the node, the problem doesn't replicate.
    When we replaced the second switch with a domestic router, the problem doesn't replicate.

So our first solution of 'Don't open the window', has now been replaced with 'Buy better switches'.

However we do find it interesting that while we thought it was a network being flooded with too much back and forth info when doing sACN monitoring, it was still only one universe that is being affected, not the entire node.

Hope this helps.
  • This is interesting. Can you post the model number of the TP-Link switches and details of any configuration settings if they are managed switches?
  • We were using a TL-SG108 and a TL-SG105. Both unmanaged switches.
  • Whilst they are unmanaged switches they do have a config option by the look of it to turn on IGMP snooping (the option to spy on IGMP traffic to determine how the multicast needs to flow).

You may well find toggling that option fixes your problem (eg it may actually need to be off for example to make the switches dumb enough to work)

www.tp-link.com/.../faq-1125.html the first screenshot in that article relates to your switch the others to upstream managed switches, and whilst its an IPTV example the principle is similar.
  • Whilst they are unmanaged switches they do have a config option by the look of it to turn on IGMP snooping (the option to spy on IGMP traffic to determine how the multicast needs to flow).

You may well find toggling that option fixes your problem (eg it may actually need to be off for example to make the switches dumb enough to work)

www.tp-link.com/.../faq-1125.html the first screenshot in that article relates to your switch the others to upstream managed switches, and whilst its an IPTV example the principle is similar.
Children
No Data
Related