EOSNomad ArtNet sACN output

Question for ETC support; If I am running EOSNomad at on a Windows 10 (64b) desktop at home (to assemble shows for our Element 2 in the theatre) will the program on vis mode actually transmit DMX date vis ArtNet and/or sACN? I have tried numerous network settings and using ArtNet and sACN passive monitor programs see no activity at all. I should add that I have tested the ArtNet view with QLC+ and it works well, plus QLC+ will drive "Capture" visualizer. I thought it best to ask in case I'm beating a dead horse. As mentioned in another thread several of the entries in the network area are locked out to me. Help appreciated. Losing hair!

Parents
  • Yes it does and I’ve actually run a live show like that with a real rig connected on artnet when I didn’t have the license dongle with me - very not recommended as the rig flashes every 5 to 8 mins but got away with it by pulling the Ethernet cable out when there was nothing happening for a bit - so certainly you can run the visualiser 

you will just have something set wrong, decide if you want to do this artnet or sACN and then we can work through the settings - the two protocols work differently with ip addresses as one is broadcast and one multicast.

• Great news Mike. I can proceed knowing such is possible. I honestly thought maybe only consoles would transmit. I've attached a picture of my network setup from the shell. This could be a starting point so we need only need talk about specific changes in future messages.

With the choice of ArtNet or sACN I'm thinking of focusing (pun intended!) on ArtNet because I have seen "Capture", ArtView and QLC+ working together nicely. I'm sitting here trying to think what to change next. As noted before, I'm unable to check many boxes (in the lower panels) so limited. It may be something up-stream - in the program rather than the shell. Your interest is appreciate - it is a difficult subject but one I am surprised more folks haven't attempted.

• The stuff that's greyed out is handled by the operating system. So changing IP and subnet would need to be done in Windows

Reply Children
No Data
Related