Help me make effects!

I'm familiar with Eos for programming static looks, but I've not done much with effects yet. I've got a couple of specific ideas in mind for my upcoming show, and wondered if you could suggest ways to approach them? These are for a small stage amateur production, but I'd like to get them as slick as possible within limitations. I'll be running on Nomad.

1. Forest sidelight

I've got some LED battens (a 12 cell and a 20 cell) for sidelight. For a number of scenes in the show, the setting is a forest. I was wondering about using the sidelight in green, but having the battens fading through some different shades of green, to simulate the sunlight shining through the moving trees. For that effect, I'd want each cell of the batten to be fading separately, maybe with random timings.

I was wondering if pixel mapping a video onto the battens would be the way to go here… Anyone got any suggestions?

2. A lightning flash

On a couple of occasions, our villain casts a spell with a magic wand. There'll be a sound effect, but I'd like to pair that with a sort of lightning flash. I'll reuse the battens for this, plus my LED top wash. (Front wash is conventionals, I don't reckon they'd react quickly enough to be convincing.)

So I need a one off effect (i.e. not repeating), where I guess all the fixtures strobe white at slightly different rates? Should I create this as an effect, or is there a better way? I want to be able to apply it on top of whatever state is on stage, so the top lights might strobe to white then back to whatever they were doing before…

3. Firelight

I guess this is similar to 1 but with orange/red. I want to use one sidelight batten to look like a flickering fireplace — i.e. the fireplace is off stage, but we see the characters lit from one side in firelight. 

Related