Eos Intelligent Lights Power Suppy

I'm fairly new to programming, so pardon me if this is a well-known problem/solution.

Our theatre primarily uses dimmers and Vivid 11 LED units. Our LED units are powered by non-dim circuits. However, there is no parameter in the patch profile for any of our lighting fixtures to tell it the circuit number. We currently have Macros set up to run at top of show and end of show to park and unpark, respectively, the power supply circuits. 

My question is: is there any way to map my LED units to the addresses of the circuit that is powering them?

For example: channels 41-56 are Vivid11s. Channels 41-44 are powered by circuit/address 202, channels 45-48 to 204, etc. Is there a way to map channel 41-44 to address 202 so that I can park their power circuit at full?

Thanks for any help!

Parents
  • I have the same issue but within LightWright. 

For the Ion consoles, I have a LED unit (channel 91, address 2/301) powered by a non-dim cct (channel 298, dimmer rack # 49).  i have Start Up and Shut down macros built, that Park 298 to full/off.  I also have a submaster that (manually) is turned on with an Intensity Palette to label that channel as LED Power on the channel screen.  the intensity level on the sub does nothing (since the channel is also parked), but it does label the channel for me (and acts as a backup in case something is wrong with the macro).

The console has no idea that the LED and the non-dim cct need each other.  You could put a label in the Patch text fields.

What are you trying to get out of this?

Andrew

• What I'm trying to accomplish is link the non-dims to the channels/fixtures so that when we hang a new show, we don't have to keep changing multiple macros. I was hoping for a way to patch it in so that when we hang a new show, we can just set the non-dims in patch and be done with it. 

But if it can't be done, it can't be done. 

• I'm having trouble understanding what the "link" between the fixture channel and its power source will do.

The standard way that most people I know deal with power relays is to patch them to a channel or range of channels. The power channel number(s) is arbitrary and out of the regular range of channels- some people pick a number like 999 or the fixture channel +1000, but can be the same for all of your shows.

In patch, you patch the relay circuit addresses to the power channels as you hang each show.

Write your power on/off macros to use the power channel (or put all of the power channels in a group and reference that in the macros). Then the power on and power off macros never need to be changed.

-Todd

• I'm having trouble understanding what the "link" between the fixture channel and its power source will do.

The standard way that most people I know deal with power relays is to patch them to a channel or range of channels. The power channel number(s) is arbitrary and out of the regular range of channels- some people pick a number like 999 or the fixture channel +1000, but can be the same for all of your shows.

In patch, you patch the relay circuit addresses to the power channels as you hang each show.

Write your power on/off macros to use the power channel (or put all of the power channels in a group and reference that in the macros). Then the power on and power off macros never need to be changed.

-Todd

Children
No Data
Related