Updating presets in cues not coming through

Hello,

I'm working off the EOS software (2.7.x) on the computer.

I have a number of presets used in cues. If I update the intensities of channels, no problem, they update in the cue.

I added more channels to a preset, yet when I go to the cue, those added channels don't appear. I have to "recall from preset" to update the cue.

I could swear I did this before and it worked correctly. But now its not. Is there something I enabled/disabled by accident?

Thanks.

Parents
  • The preset is what the cue is referencing. If you look at your cues, the channels that are referencing the preset will have a level (label) of that preset.

When you add channels to a preset, those channels are not added to the existing cues. You need to go into the cue and tell it to reference the preset for the new channels. When you "recall from preset" you are doing this.

It's always worked this way - that's what allows things like by-type palettes and presets to work.

You might be thinking of how submasters work - with a sub, if you add a channel in blind to the sub, it will affect live output if the sub is up.

-Todd

• The preset is what the cue is referencing. If you look at your cues, the channels that are referencing the preset will have a level (label) of that preset.

When you add channels to a preset, those channels are not added to the existing cues. You need to go into the cue and tell it to reference the preset for the new channels. When you "recall from preset" you are doing this.

It's always worked this way - that's what allows things like by-type palettes and presets to work.

You might be thinking of how submasters work - with a sub, if you add a channel in blind to the sub, it will affect live output if the sub is up.

-Todd

Children
  • Thanks for the response!

Upon thinking about this, that makes sense. I told the cue what to reference and it does, and it looks at the channels within the cue to see the intensities to use. I added channels to the preset, but didn't tell the cue that there are more channels to reference, so I have to tell it to "recall" to update the cue.

Although I swear that the last show I worked on, I did update the preset with a new channel and it appeared in the cues. Possibly I actually updated something that was already there without intensity, or some other random thing I did in the flurry of the moment. :-)

In any event, at least I have the understanding of the logic. Thanks again.

Related