Is this a bug in 2.8.1?

Hi there,

just updated our ION to 2.8.1 and when I opened my standard show file the colors in my magic sheet didn't line up and checking then in ML control home OW was quite off. for my VL 1000TS it ended somewhere in an amber and my rush par 2 zoom in a purple. no values active anywhere. did check the patch for the VL's they had som odd values in Hue and Sat. I did start changing my pallets when I took the photo attached (VL 100ts) so all colors are out now but hue and sat still have odd values at home position and the color picker shows the amber as well.

hope you guys can find the issue!

kind regards

erik

Parents
  • It looks like this is intentional to more accurately reflect the actual HSB values of the fixture when in "open white." The VL1000 is a tungsten source, and therefore tends toward amber when open. Likewise, RGB(X) LEDs have a much cooler, bluer "open white." The default Hue/Sat values in the patch appear to accurately reflect where the open white point of the fixture actually is on the color space. Therefore, you can accurately use the Hue/Sat parameters in ML controls to create more consistent colors across very different fixtures.

• It looks like this is intentional to more accurately reflect the actual HSB values of the fixture when in "open white." The VL1000 is a tungsten source, and therefore tends toward amber when open. Likewise, RGB(X) LEDs have a much cooler, bluer "open white." The default Hue/Sat values in the patch appear to accurately reflect where the open white point of the fixture actually is on the color space. Therefore, you can accurately use the Hue/Sat parameters in ML controls to create more consistent colors across very different fixtures.

Children
  • well if this is on purpose it really does not work for me as it is completely off what is actually happening on stage. most extreme example is that my RGBW pars show in the color pallet a lavender but in reality they put a yellow out so not even close with the temperatures! have a few more example pictures that hopefully show the difference. Color pallets in the 100 and 300 rage are the main concern here the others are color wheels

Magic sheet V2.8.1V2.8.1

magic sheet V2.7..V2.7.. the color pallets here are pretty damn close to the actual output of the fixtures!

Rush par 2 RGBW CP 119 in V2.8.1

actual output of Rush par 2 RGBW CP 119 in V2.8.1

hope this makes sense of what I am trying to explain. if this is a new function/setting that is on purpose it would be extremely helpful to have a tick box option to revert to the actual colors! In my line of work where I do mainly busking and have touring crew use my desk and set up for busking...a CP in lavender meaning yellow makes no sense!

thanks for the help!

Related