Dark Move/Mark Oddity

I'm currently working on a show that has been using "old school" marking (i.e. Channel X AllNPs Recall From Cue Next), but is now making the transition to using reference marking. In making this change I'm finding that when I apply the mark flag at the channel level, I'm also losing some dark move information I don't think I should be. For example, the following sequence:

Q1, Fixture 1 is at pan/tilt 0/0
Q2, Fixture 1 dark moves to pan/tilt 30/30
Q3, Fixture 1 dark moves to pan/til 45/45
Q4, Fixture 1 tracks position and intensity comes to full

If in Q4 I apply a mark flag to Fixture 1, it'll mark in Q3 as expected, but in Q2 it's move to pan/tilt 30/30 will be cleared out and replaced with 0/0.

This behavior dates back to some version 2.6, whereas in 2.5.2 the situation described above will have Fixture 1 mark in Q3, but maintain it's dark move in Q2- this is the behavior I'd expect. Is this an intended change I've never noticed before, or a bug I've never noticed before?

Parents
  • Is there a mark flag on Q3, or earlier?  When you put the mark on the fixture in Q4 is there a mark flag for it somewhere earlier, or does it emergency mark in Q3?  A marked fixture will overwrite dark moves in cues between the Reference flag and the Mark flag.

• I knew I was leaving something out of my original post... yes, the issue relates specifically to emergency marks.

If Q1 has a mark flag, all dark moves are overwritten as expected. If Q3 has a mark flag, all dark moves are preserved as expected. The issue is when no cue has a mark flag- the fixture emergency marks in Q3 as expected, but the dark move in Q2 is removed, which I can't figure out a reason for. 

• I knew I was leaving something out of my original post... yes, the issue relates specifically to emergency marks.

If Q1 has a mark flag, all dark moves are overwritten as expected. If Q3 has a mark flag, all dark moves are preserved as expected. The issue is when no cue has a mark flag- the fixture emergency marks in Q3 as expected, but the dark move in Q2 is removed, which I can't figure out a reason for. 

Children
No Data
Related